We are now offering canine water treadmill at our Springfield facility. This is an exciting new service and is being offered for exercise only, not for therapy or rehabilitation. Canine water treadmill provides your precious dog several benefits such as:
- Improved flexibility and range of motion in older dogs.
- Decreased impact on your dog’s joints while using the treadmill vs. walking on hard surfaces.
- Reduced stiffness and soreness in dogs that have arthritis or other ailments.
- Accelerated weight loss in dogs that need to shed some pounds.
- An alternative to walking your dog in bad weather or when you just don’t have the time.
The safety of your dog is paramount at A Dog’s Day Out. An evaluation is not needed, however, please complete and bring in the Pet Profile, Owner Agreement, Emergency Care, Canine Water Treadmill – Waiver and Release, and make note of the below items:
- Do not bring your dog if he or she has open sores or wounds.
- Make sure your dog is clean before going into the water treadmill.
- Not recommended for dogs who have been sick with diarrhea or vomiting within the last 48 hours. You are responsible for letting us know if your dog has been sick.
- Make sure your dog has relieved themselves before entering the canine water treadmill.
- Do not feed your dog at least two hours beforehand.
- If your dog has recently had surgery, you are responsible for disclosing this to us.
An attendant will always be with your dog and you are welcome to stay at the facility while your dog is in the canine water treadmill. Afterwards we will provide a towel when your dog has finished. You can spoil your pet even further after using the canine water treadmill and schedule a grooming service. We also offer a self-serve dog wash for an extra $5.00 when used in conjunction with our canine water treadmill. We encourage you to check out and use our canine water treadmill. Please contact the Springfield facility at 703-321-3647 (DOGS) to schedule your appointment.